AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Audrey Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:49:25 -0600
I'd love to get together with you guys!  I arrive on Tuesday about mid-morning and leave Saturday afternoon. I'm staying at the Hilton.  Still setting up my schedule, but should be able to clear time on Wednesday and/or Friday afternoon.  Let's touch base on Tuesday!

By the way(and this is truly for the whole list, since Norm knows about this effort), with a lot of wonderful help, including Donavan Vicha, I finally succeeded at getting Web accessibility training for ALA staff.  We'll be having two workshops at the end of March, done by Optavia Corporation (www.optavia.com).

It's  at least three years since I started laying groundwork and recruiting allies on staff.  It's now an all-ALA effort, still needing to devlop a bit but well under way.  Some ALA Web developers have already shown intetrest and been proactive in starting to work on their Web sites.  People are actually excited about this training!

This will open the door for work with members a bit wider.  We know the need is there.  Any comment or suggestions, group?

Audrey

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/15/01 10:48 AM >>>
Wonderful.  Any chance of spending some time???
We are at the Marriot and arrive Tues late afternoon.  Have free time on
Wed during day and Fri afternoon and evening.

Maybe see you at the big Wed. breakfast plenary.
Norm