AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Athol Gow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:02:33 -0500
Hi Everyone,
        We are thinking of installing audible floor signals in the main
elevators of our Library.  However, a couple of residences on campus that
have audible signals in their elevators have received complaints about the
noise factor. I'm interested in hearing the experience of people on this
list whose elevators have this feature - does it add appreciably to the
noise pollution in your building? Have you had complaints from patrons?
If so, how have you responded to them?

Thanks very much,
Athol Gow

Athol Gow, Coordinator                          FAX: (519) 836-0435
Library Centre for Students With Disabilities   PHONE:(519) 824-4120 x2312
McLaughlin Library                              E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
University of Guelph,
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
N1G 2W1