AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:48:52 -0700
EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information has 2 more free, live,

voice chat Web conferences in the next month.  You can register for them

at:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

1  Creating Accessible Narrated PowerPoint
April 27
Presenters, Dick Banks and Norm Coombs
More and more teachers are using PowerPoint in class. Now, many are

also using them in online classes. Frequently they want to add narration to

them.
First, this presentation will briefly discuss tips on making narrated

PowerPoint which, without adequate planning can be very time-consuming.

  Second, it will focus on designing the presentation in advance for

accessibility by all students especially those who are blind, deaf or who

have learning disabilities.

2  Using Authoring Tools to Create DAISY Documents
May 9
Presenter, Karen McCall
How can I create DAISY books and content for myself or my students?

What is DAISY? How do I choose an authoring tool for creating

documents?
This web seminar explores the advantages of DAISY content, what type of

information can be converted to DAISY and how to choose your authoring

tool and player.     How do you choose the best DAISY authoring tool for

you or your organization? Knowing what's available is the first step!

Register for both at:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

**** Check out our 3 podcast series:
1 Barrier-free IT Tips and Tricks
2 It's About People, Not Technology
3 Conference Podcast Series

You can subscribe at:
http://easi.cc/podcasts/

-------------------------
EASI Online Courses for May
Beginner Barrier-free Web Design
http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm
Barrier-free E-learning
http://easi.cc/workshops/bfel.htm

Subscribe to EASI's 3 Podcast feeds
http://easi.cc/podcasts/

Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
22196 Caminito Tasquillo
Laguna Hills CA 92653
(949) 855-4852

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<