AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:55:22 -0400
EASI Webcast: Campus Pipeline Access Initiative http://www.rit.edu/~easi
We are excited about this week's Webcast.  Campus Pipeline is a mainstream
web provider for colleges that is taking seriously the challenge of making
campus web sites fully accessible to students and professionals with
disabilities.  Usually, we have to hound mainstream providers including
educational institutions to take access needs into account in designing
their web pages.  Campus Pipeline came to us.

Campus Pipeline provides web platforms for colleges and universities to
provide a single window on the college internet world.  Hundreds of
campuses contract with Campus Pipeline to provide their main web interface.
 This interview is with key company leaders explaining what Campus Pipeline
is and why they care about access challenges.  We hope that this is the
beginning of more commercial companies waking up to the opportunity and
challenge provided in meeting the web needs of the disability population.
Thanks to the Campus Pipeline leaders!

EASI is proud of this Webcast and equally proud of the opportunity to work
with such people.

Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
Chair of EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
A Core Activity of the TLT Group