AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:58:15 -0800
Easi: Equal Access to Software and Information begins Podcasting
EASI In Your Pocket!

The Web has long enabled all of us to access information from around the
world and to access it from any where and at any time so long as we were
sitting at a computer and connected to the Internet.  Podcasts now let us
take online information and load it into a personal pocket-sized device and
listen to it any where and any time so long as our batteries have life in them.

EASI launches its first weekly podcast series on January 11:
Barrier-free Information Technology Tips and Tricks

Do you have trouble reading manuals for your computer, cell phone and other
devices? Do you have trouble with user unfriendly software, Web pages and
device
menus? We will regularly provide tips and tricks for both beginner and
advanced users to remove barriers to your getting the full use and enjoyment of
today's and tomorrow's technology

These podcasts will be kept to about 15 minutes in length and will be
posted at least once a week.  The series will provide information for the
general user of information technology on tips and tricks to use computers
and similar devices more efficiently.  We will also include information
about more efficient use of special adaptive technology applications that
support users with various disabilities.

You can subscribe by going to:
http://easi.cc/podcasts/

or you can paste the following URL into your aggregator:
http://easi.cc/podcasts/bfit.xml

In the near future, EASI will launch other podcast series to accompany this
initial feed.

   -------------------- ------------------ ----------------
           EASI Courses for January 2006
  Designing Accessible Course Content Using Familiar Software
  http://easi.cc/workshops/dacc.htm
  Advanced Barrier-free Web Design
  http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm
  Train the Trainer
  http://easi.cc/workshops/train.htm
  Completing 5 courses earns the Certificate in Accessible Information
Technology

  Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
  CEO EASI
  http://easi.cc
  (949) 855-4852

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<