AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:18:16 -0800
EASI is excited to start the New Year!

We are starting a couple new features and we are renewing our commitment to
serve faculty and staff with simple, basic accessibility support while
still keeping on top of what is happening with the newest technologies.

What is a Webinar Snapshot?

One new feature we are unveiling in 2008 we are calling "Webinar
Snapshots". What this means is that these Webinars will be aimed
specifically for people who need and want simple, short directions and
information on some specific topic. These are not intended to present new
complex but exciting Web technologies. We want to reach the people who the
technology gurus have forgotten.

These events will be planned to run from 20-30 minutes. They will focus on
more narrow topics. They will provide simple how-to directions for people
who do not want to read a 50-100 page manual to learn one feature.

The first scheduled Webinar Snapshot is scheduled for Wednesday January 9.
It will be a demonstration of the accessibility features of the TC
Conference Webinar system we use. Make a New Year's resolution to attend,
and we hope you can keep your resolution for at least a week!

While the most obvious accessibility features support users of screen
readers, these features also provide support for people with either low
vision or with learning disabilities.

**** PLEASE ATTEND EVEN IF THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!  You need to
understand these features so that you can help others.

Note, there will be NO recording on this one occasion but it is offered at
several times to be sure most people can make one presentation.  Many of
the accessibility features, for technical reasons, will not be captured in
a recording.
You can read more and register already for the first Snapshot at:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<