AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:37:50 -0700
EASI Free Clinic: Designing Content for Web Delivery: June 27, 2PM Eastern
Presenters: Norm Coombs and Dick Banks

EASI, Equal Access to Software and Information, is providing another of its
live, Internet, Web

conferences designed to help content providers create online content that
is accessible to users

with disabilities while making the burden on the content provider as simple
as possible.

How many of the Web accessibility features spelled out by the Web
Accessibility Initiative

(WAI) or the Section 508 standards does the faculty or instructional
designer really need to

know for the work they are doing?

In this hour-long presentation, we will outline a small set of
accessibility issues that these

designers are most likely to need to know.  We are convinced that most
faculty will not learn all

the Web accessibility standards, but, we believe that if we can reduce the
items they need to

learn to a small number, they will be more likely to support accessibility.

We also know that much of the content that is being delivered online is not
created in an actual

Web authoring tool. Software programs like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
Excel and others

seem to be the content creator of choice.

In the past, creating Web content with these software tools, usually meant
that materials were

minimally accessible or in many cases, not accessible at all.  However, if
you understand some

basic concepts like creating with style, these tools can be used in ways to
create accessible

output.

This free Web conference will give an overview of the following topics.

What do we mean by creating with style?

What are styles and why should I care?

Creating style in a Word document.

Creating Accessible PowerPoint.

Creating accessible narrated PowerPoint.

To participate you need to register and the conference can be viewed best
if you are using a PC

running Windows and if you are using Internet Explorer (but not version 7
beta).  You need to

have your speakers turned on.  You can interact either using the text chat
window or using your

own mic.

You can register for this free Web Conference at:
http://easi.cc/forms/june27.htm

You can see information on future Web conferences at:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

** Checck out EASI Podcasts at:
http://easi.cc/podcasts/

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<