AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellen Perlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:33:06 -0600
Dear List Members and Accessibility Advocates:

Re the "Send Your Opinion on [AT] Technology Needs to the White
House" survey input form at:

http://www.conwal.com/icdr/execmemo/input.html

The form is inaccessible ... also for people (unlike myself) with
20/20 vision.

1.  The page does not validate W3C.

2.  The page design with a dark blue vertical bar down the left side
of the page on which text in black overflows makes the text (the
questions you are supposed to answer) unreadable.

3. The text boxes in which you write your answers are not large
enough, there is no text wrap, so you cannot read what you are writing.

Somehow I did complete and submit my form recommending that the
responsible parties make the form accessible ASAP.   I just
called the Interagency Committee on Disability Research that is
co-sponsoring this survey at: 1-800-266-1832 and alerted the
agency to the inaccessibility of the survey.

Ellen Perlow
Chair, ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship Committee
"Celebrating a New Century that Celebrates Diversity"
http://www.ala.org/ascla/centuryscholarship.html
Next Application Submission Deadline: March 1, 2001
ALA 2001 Scholarship Application page:
http://www.ala.org/work/awards/scholars.html
Have YOU recruited a Century Scholarship applicant today?
Manager of Information Services
School of Library and Information Studies
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425438
Denton, TX 76204-5438
Tel.: 940-898-2622  Fax: 940-898-2611