AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Drew, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:40:41 -0400
"The problem with many Acrobat Documents is that they are CREATED in a way
that they can't be made accessible unless you scan them with an OCR package.

If a PDF docement is created with text as a picture, it is like a Web banner
or a navbar button. There is just no way that you can convert an image to
text."

Lets not blame the technology then.  It is the fault of the creator of the
document not Adobe!

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
E-mail: mailto:[log in to unmask]
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Not Just Cows: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
Library: http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Have Laptop -- Will Travel.
"I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong."