AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Drew, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:49:35 -0400
How is "People with Disabilities" any more positive than handicapped or
disabled?  It all means the same thing: the person talked about needs some
sort of assistive technology or other accommodation.  I could be included in
that category since I now wear glasses for reading.  I understand the
concern but a subject heading in LC is the wrong thing to be complaining
about.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
E-mail: mailto:[log in to unmask]
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Not Just Cows: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
Library: http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Have Laptop -- Will Travel.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" --
Author Unknown