AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:41:32 +0100
Hi Norm,

Thanks for putting the link up to Barbara Mates' book.  It seems pretty
comprehensive, but doesn't mention WordAloud.  I believe that WordAloud
would be useful for libraries, especially in conjunction with a decent
scanner plus OCR.  Having looked at  the Barbara Mates URL below,
WordAloud could go in her Chapter 8 on stand-alone systems.  What do you
think?  Should I suggest this to her?  What's her email address?

BTW, everyone, you can find out about WordAloud from www.wordaloud.co.uk
and download a copy for evaluation.  WordAloud couldn't have coped with
Helen Keller (with reference to Chapter 1 of Barbara's book), but
Cloudworld has prototyped a tactile device which would have been just
the job for her!

Cheers,

John
--
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Prof
Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]> writes

>Thanks.  I had thought the link had been put up but I'll do it.
>Norm

>At 06:52 PM 4/1/01 -0400, you wrote:
>>Just in case no one has answered this, the online version of Barbara Mates'
>>book is at:
>>http://www.ala.org/editions/openstacks/insidethecovers/mates/mates_toc.html
>>
>>Julie Klauber
>>Suffolk Cooperative Library System / Talking Books Plus
>>http://www.suffolk.lib.ny.us/tbp
>>Disability Resources
>>http://www.disabilityresources.org

Try our WordAloud software!  Visit http://www.wordaloud.co.uk

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd
Tel:    +44 20 8987 8326 (or 0845 458 3944 in the UK)
Fax:    +44 20 8742 8715
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Site:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk