AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PETER W VAKUNTA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:34:38 -0800
I don't take umbrage at Youssou Ndour at all. After all, Haitian
popular musician, Michel Martelly, who had formed the habit of running
around the stage in diapers, is now the Head of State of Haiti!! I
listened to his inaugural speech and was pretty stunned at his
'inculture politique'.  We are also grooming Cameroon's populist
musician, Lapiro de Mbanga, to kick the butt of lame duck president,
Mr. Paul Biya, out of our (Dis)Unity Palace at Etoudi.  I bet, 2012 is
pregnant with hope, wouldn't you say?
Dr. Vakunta
http://www.vakunta.blogspot.com

--
Peter Wuteh Vakunta, Ph.D.
Asst Professor of Modern Languages

http://www.dliflc.edu
http://tinyurl.com/FacebookSLC
http://www.vakunta.blogspot.com

"Race is the least reliable information you can have about someone. It's
real information, but it tells you next to nothing."~Toni Morrison

"Prejudice is a burden which confuses the past, threatens the future, and
renders the present inaccessible."~Maya Angelou