AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:13:30 -0600

                              VISIT OUR WEBSITE

                     http://www.africanassociation.org

                           FOR COMMUNITY NEWS......

Happy Thanksgiving, John.

I knew I could count on you. Here are some corporate and foundation sponsors of the Asia Foundation:
Corporations
Boeing
Chevron
Coca-Cola
Levi Strauss
Macy's Inc.
Microsoft
Vodafone
Wal-Mart

Foundations
AARP
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Wallace Alexander Gerbode Foundation
Give2Asia
Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund
Henry Luce Foundation
The McConnell Foundation
United Way

What is it you don't understand about a foreign NGO being able to access people when native groups are prohibited? Now, John, you may not be interested, but I am extremely interested in the work that the Asia Foundation is doing to promote women's empowerment in Afghanistan. They conduct discussions with leaders and have leadership training for young women, help women prepare for college entrance exams among other things. The day to day face to face work that has to be done is necessary needs to be paid for by someone, John. Do you object to the Gates Fdtn, the United Way?

"In the days before volcanoes were invented, lava had to be hand carried down from the mountains and poured on the sleeping villagers.
This took a great deal of time."