AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PETER W VAKUNTA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:30:53 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Thanks for your feedback Wilnot. If the president absconded from the
party that catapulted him into the helm in Malawi, that in itself is a
breach of trust. Again I go back to technicalities: What does the
MALAWIAN constitution say on issues like these? What about the
constitution of the ruling party? What are the stipulations in these
documents? I know that some of our constitutions in Africa are not
worthier that the sheets of paper on which they are writtten. BUT,
there comes a time in the life of a nation when the truth has to be
faced for better or for worse.
Can any Malawian brother or sister unravel this conundrum, please.
Have a good one!

PETER W.VAKUNTA
DEPARTMENT OF FRENCH AND ITALIAN
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON
602 VAN HISE HALL
1220 LINDEN DRIVE
MADISON WI 53706-1525
U.S.A
Office  608 262 4067
Home    608 422 6089
Cell    608 381 0407

"The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of the wise man is
in his heart."
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN