AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:23:19 -0500

        AAM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - September 29, 2007. Don't Miss Out!!!!!

How many young women really understand this...and I mean what this is actually telling them about what the men think of them...easy, casual sex, with no emotional or financial committment. They aren't even paying for it! It's free!

With regard to reason #6, how many women would make different decisions if they realized that not only are they second best, the man is still looking for his #1. That would be akin to a polygamous culture where the man's first wife is given #2...because she's not what he wants for #1.

I have spoken with men who were in relationships, even living with women, but they would still make comments about her and say, "but she's not my wife." A wife is generally given a higher regard than live-in girlfriends. I don't think a lot of women really understand that. It would prevent a lot of heartache if they did.

From the article:
Reason 1: Men can get sex without marriage more easily than in times past. The men reported that meeting women is easy: at bars, through friends, at work, and on the Internet. Though men want to become friends with a woman before becoming seriously involved, casual sex, they said, is easy to come by.

Reason 6: Men are waiting for the perfect soul mate and she hasn't yet appeared. A soul mate, the men said, is a woman who accepts them just as they are and won't try to change them. The men said they don't want to settle for second-best. In some cases, the men even said they were living with a woman who was their version of a second-best partner. These men are continuing to hunt for the perfect soul mate.

"In the days before volcanoes were invented, lava had to be hand carried down from the mountains and poured on the sleeping villagers.
This took a great deal of time."