AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Wilmot B. Valhmu" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:34:46 -0600
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Hi, everyone!

I just read earlier in the December 3, 2004 edition of the ISTHMUS newspaper some very scary accounts of rising gang activities in Madison schools and neighborhoods.  If this holds true, it is quite distressing.

Madison is a lovely city to live in.  I've often bragged to my family, friends, and acquintances about the relative absence of crime in Madison.  I even go as far as citing the statistic of only one murder in the whole of Dane County, not just Madison, in 2003.  Now with police reports of gang activities and shootings, my heart sinks.

With the challenge of motivating our children to focus on education and wholesome activities, we may have the added task of warning and conjuring them about gang involvement.

May the Lord God Almighty grant our kids hearing ears and loads of wisdom!

- Wilmot