AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Uche Okpara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:31:45 -0500

        AAM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - September 29, 2007. Don't Miss Out!!!!!

Vera,

You make this sound like it no longer takes two to tango. You keep saying
"men this", "men that"; it's as if you're tacitly trying to blame men for
the problem and then portray women as just innocent victims of the intrigues
of men. Feminists embraced the sexual revolution of the 1960s that ushered
in this "new" way of thinking regarding sex, commitment and marriage to main
stream Western societies. Some feminists even hold the view that marriage is
an archaic institution and that women should be free to do as they wish with
their bodies, instead of pledging life-long loyalty to a single man. Many
women in the West hold such views and rationalize them with terms like
"strong", "independent" and "liberated". Unfortunately, we are now seeing
some of the not-so-good consequences of such views, and of course who else
is to blame? Men! Can't men be victims too?

Regards,
Uche.