AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fabu Phyllis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:31:18 -0500

AFRICA FEST 2006: Saturday, August 26 @ Warner Park

Join African Association of Madison, Inc. for $25 per year

Mail check to; AAM, PO Box 1016, Madison, WI 53701,
www.AfricanAssociation.org

Actually, there are several ways for African Americans to discover their
country of origin or to narrow the search down.  I hope one day to do DNA
testing.  Let us not forget the years of research from Alex Hailey who also
viewed it as meaningful to know just where and from whom he came on the
continent.  That our brothers and sisters in Africa would offer citizenship
to their kin that were once enslaved in America and elsewhere is a
poignantly beautiful welcome back into the family.  As well many people in
the world have dual citizenship.  Fabu