AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Wilmot B. Valhmu" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:25:24 -0600
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Auntie Emilie,

My hope is that Christ, not commercialization, is glorified at Christmas.  He's the reason for Christmas.  That's the thing on which I wish us all, especially Christians, to concur.

I have no problem with people saying to me, "Happy Chanukah", "Happy New Year", etc.  Just don't suppress or prohibit the mention of Christ.  I have it on authority that some of the clerks at some businesses are forbidden by their proprietors to say "Merry Christmas".  Is that a sign of inclusiveness?  I think not.

Merry Christmas, Auntie!

- Wilmot