AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:40:06 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

I inadvertantly responded to the list versus Ms. Fabu - my apologies to
the list  and especially Fabu. Have a nice weekend and PLEASE support
struggling artists and folks who give of their heart so we can have
something to smile about in our life. Hedi

** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Hey Fabu:
I posted the info to the Lucha and CU lists as well as the East
Isthmus
Planning Council List and Study Circles. I will also look out for you.
Will you be at the poetry slam this weekend???

Hedi

** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Hello Hedi,

Don't know if I asked you to forward this info about my next reading.
Poetry books make great Kwanzaa gifts because they are original and
spreading our knowledge.  I am also doing Kwanzaa presentations at
schools,organizations etc.  Do you know of any folks who between now
and
December 19th would like me to present this wonderful celebration?
For
45
minutes to 1 hour---$100 fee for a struggling literary artist.  Don't
send
the last over the server...just the first.

In Our Own Tongues:

A Poetry Reading and Book Signing

with

FABU

Saturday December 13   2 p.m.

South Madison Branch Library, Room 310
2222 South Park St.
266-6395
Refreshments following program.  No registration required.

Please join us in celebrating the publication of Fabu's second
chapbook
of
poetry, In Our Own Tongues.  Fabu is an exciting and creative literary
artist described by UMOJA magazine as "our village poet."  This work
received rave reviews at the recent Wisconsin Book Festival and now
will be
shared with the South Madison Community.  Fabu looks at three
generations of
African American women from the south and the languages that they
spoke
in.
"My Granny Speaks African with a Little Bit of Southern English" is
the
title of one poem.  Signed copies of the new book can be purchased at
the
event for $10.00.

>From: Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Chill and Chat....
>Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:03:34 -0600
>
>** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **
>
>Please spread the word.
>
>  Angela Snell
>
>Family Advocate
>
>Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
>
>Phone: 608-251-1237 ext. 107
>
>Fax: 608-284-2134
>
>Crisis/TTY: 1-800-747-4045
>
>  "When I dare to be powerful- to use my strength in the service of
my
>vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."
>Audre Lorde
>

>Do you identify as LGBT AND as a person of color           (person of
>Asian, African, Latin@/Chican@, Indigenous, or Middle Eastern
Descent)