AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Yarl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 06:15:26 -0800
Dear Members and Friends of AAM:

As you know, a new Executive Committee of the African Association of
Madison, Inc.
was elected on December 5, 1998. We are writing to invite you to the 1999
first Quarter
General Meeting on Saturday, March 27, 1999, 5:00 p.m, at the Neighborhood
House,
29 S. Mills Street, Madison.

The meeting will serve as an opportunity to meet the members of the new
Executive
Committee and to discuss its plans,  including Africa Fest ‘99, for the
Association in the
current administrative year. Light refreshments will be available from 4 to
4:45 p.m.;
and we will enjoy a meal together immediately after the meeting.  Please
bring an
African dish to pass.

The agenda for the business meeting is as follows:
1.   Call to Order                                                 7.
Financial Report
2.   Welcome to Old & New Members             8.  Collection of Annual Dues
3.   Introduction of Executive Committee         9.  Africa Fest ‘99 Update
4.   Minutes of Dec. 5, 1998 Meeting            10.   Election of Advisory
Council Members
5.   Matters Arising from the Minutes            11.   Other Matters
6.   President's Update                                   12.   Adjournment

For planning purposes, we would like you to mark the following dates on your
calendar:
Saturday, March 27       General Meeting
Saturday, Aug.  28    AFRICA  FEST ‘99
Saturday, April 24         Africa Fest ‘99 Awareness Day        Saturday,
Sept. 25    General Meeting
Saturday, June 26         General Meeting
Saturday, Dec. 4       General Meeting
Saturday, July 10           Africa Fest ‘99 Showcase                 Sat.,
Dec. 18      END  OF  YEAR  PARTY
Saturday, July 24           Annual Picnic

Unless announced otherwise, all general meetings will take place at 5:00 p.m
at the Neighborhood
House. We may schedule additional events between these meetings and
identified dates as further
planning warrants. These will be announced in good time.

Please take a moment and fill out the enclosed Data Sheet for records
updating purposes.
We look forward to seeing all of you on March 27, 5:00 p.m at the
Neighborhood House.

Richard Yarl

PRESIDENT