AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 13:12:22 -0500
fyi

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/15/01 09:09AM >>>
Dear CU members,

As part of our middle school math project (which many of you probably
remember CU helped advocate for), we will be holding an informational
event for parents on May 19 from 11:00-2:00 at James Madison Park. The
agenda includes:

*       A free picnic
*       Some background on how and why math/algebra have become key
priorities for improving minority students' achievement (Steve
Braunginn)
*       Information about changes in the middle school math curriculum
(Linda McQuillen, MMSD)
*       Some tips for simple things parents can do this summer to help
build
math skills (Linda McQuillen, MMSD)
*       Information about summer learning opportunities for middle
school
students - particularly those in the areas of math or science

We would like CU members help:
*       Encouraging minority families with middle school age students
attend (particularly if they have students attending Cherokee, Wright,
O'Keeffe, Sherman, or Black Hawk middle schools)
*       Identifying and any organizations or individuals that will be
offering summer learning opportunities for middle school students.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Ed Lee
(608) 251-8550 x27