AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:59:40 -0500
From: Howard Landsman <[log in to unmask]> 09/20/01 04:52PM >>>
Friends -- Ed Manuel from the UW Foundation asked me to pass along the
attached posting of two job openings.  Please alert anyone you know who
might be interested.

-- Howard Landsman

>Subject: JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Ed Manuel" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:20:02 -0500
June 18, 2001) at
> 09/20/2001 09:20:13 AM
>
>Howard,
>
>Please spread the word regarding job openings at the University of
>Wisconsin Foundation.  Thanx
>
>Edwardo Manuel
>Senior Director, Development
>(608) 262-5251
>Email: [log in to unmask]
>
>University of Wisconsin Foundation
>1848 University Avenue
>PO Box 8860
>Madison, WI 53708-8860
>
>"Web site: http://www.uwfoundation.wisc.edu"

University of Wisconsin Foundation

Director of Development
Senior Director of Development
for the
School of Business

The University of Wisconsin Foundation is seeking experienced professionals to help plan and execute the development program for the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business, in collaboration with other development team members. This effort involves working effectively with administration, faculty, and staff of the Business School, as well as contributors, volunteers, and prospective donors. The primary area of emphasis will be seeking major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations. The Development Director serves as one of several primary ambassadors and liaisons between the School of Business and alumni and friends who wish to support the university through their giving. The senior position is characterized by team leadership and a higher level of experience and expertise, especially with major gifts.

The University of Wisconsin Foundation is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging philanthropy on behalf of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. While the Development Directors are employed by the UW Foundation, the individuals in these positions work closely with the deans and faculty within the Business School to advance private support.  The School of Business is one of the University of Wisconsin-Madison's major units, with approximately 2,100 students and over 31,000 alumni. During the past several years, private gifts received by the School of Business have totaled $8-12 million annually.

        Primary responsibilities include:

Planning and executing prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and volunteer participation with primary emphasis on major gifts.

Working closely with deans and faculty to develop and execute strategies related to significant gift opportunities.

Implementing ongoing communication and stewardship with donors.

Working with colleagues at the UW Foundation to coordinate and collaborate upon strategies related to working with prospects and donors.

Carrying out other development activities as assigned by the UW Foundation.

This position requires approximately 25% travel.

At the Senior Director level: mentoring and training staff, team leading, performance management, campaign management, and serving as the lead contact and strategist with the Business School.

Qualifications:

Minimum of a bachelor's degree; business or related degree preferred.

Relevant experience in fund development or in related activities where skills are transferable to major gift and fund development work; business experience preferred.
The Senior Director level requires at least five years of development experience, including two years in a leadership role.

Outstanding organization and communication (both oral and written) skills.

Ability to work effectively with university officials, faculty, prominent alumni and friends of the Business School, as well as a high-level business audience, i.e., multiple and varied constituencies.

Commitment to promoting the Business School and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Ability to meet the travel requirements of the position.

Strength of character, integrity and ethical behavior; commitment to the UW Foundation's vision, mission, and values.

The Director and Senior Director of Development are full-time positions working within a team structure and reporting to the Vice President of Development. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, in addition to an excellent benefits program.  To apply, please send a letter expressing interest and highlighting relevant background and experience, along with a resume and salary requirements to:

John Mueller
Director of Human Resource
University of Wisconsin Foundation
P.O. Box 8860