AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Adelaide Fiske <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:53:17 -0500
Initially, I was poised for an immediate response regarding issues raised, but after reaching the end of this message my haste to respond has bowed to  reasons for for delay. I'll have to rethink this.

Adelaide

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/07/03 12:33PM >>>
I understand the reasons why some of you are furious over the U.S. invasion on Iraq. But least to say, that most of you seem to miss the big picture. That is, the failure of the United Nations, including the U.S, Britain and other "coercion of the willing" nations that have joined forces to kick out Saddam Hussein.

Men Inspectors, hired by the United Nations, have been searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq for 12 years without no fruitful results.

One big question that keeps lingering on my mind is why the United Nations cannot fire all the men inspectors and hire WOMEN inspectors. Women are very good at finding things. Women are housewives; they know where to find hidden things. Why the U.N did not give women the chance to search Saddam Hussein's palaces? Is this an act of discrimination against women or what?

I bet, if women were given a chance to search for "Saddam's hidden weapons of mass destruction", by now, we would have had another story, instead of war. That is, if Hans Blix is replaced by Ellen Johnson Sirleaf or Vera Crowell or Adelaide Fiske, then we would have discovered the truth by now.

RETHINK UN, RETHINK BUSH, RETHINK BLAIR, RETHINK ANNAN! Stop the war and let's give women the chance too to find the hidden stuff in Bagdad.

Alex Redd
Madison, Wisonsin
We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that time is ripe to do right.