AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:25:13 -0600
        "It is time for all people of conscience to call upon
America to return to her true home of brotherhood and
peaceful pursuits. We cannot remain silent as our nation
engages in one of history's most cruel and senseless wars.
During these days of human travail we must encourage
creative dissenters. We need them because the thunder of
their fearless voices will be the only sound stronger than
the blasts of bombs and the clamor of their war hysteria.

        "Those of us who love peace must organize as effec-
tively as the war hawks. As they spread the propaganda of
war, we must spread the propaganda of peace. We must
combine the fervor of the civil rights movement with the
peace movement. We must demonstrate, teach, and preach,
until the very foundations of our nation are shaken. We
must work unceasingly to lift this nation that we love to a
higher destiny, to a new plateau of compassion, to a more
noble expression of humaneness.

        "I have tried to be honest. To be honest is to confront
the truth. However unpleasant and inconvenient the truth
may be, I believe we must expose and face it if we are to
achieve a better quality of American life."

                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

>>> "Rasmussen, Laurie DPI" <[log in to unmask]> 04/02/03 02:22PM >>>
What is happening with this war, is the equivalent of capitol punishment -
government thinking they somehow have the right to "solve the problem" by
doing exactly the same thing the criminal is being punished for.  Fighting
evil with evil -  there's got to be a better solution - tone  down the
testosterone and get real.