AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ademola iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 06:10:58 -0600
Katim!!

Thanks for your response to my questions.   We now were we are-that the AAM
list service is not a private outfit.  It has an owner. It belongs to the
African Association of Madison Inc. with the Community United through Peter
Munoz acting as the facilitator for acquiring the services.   Other issues
relating to AAm List  will be taken up in another mail.  All I want is a
stable, peaceful and progressive African Community here in Madison.  I am a
man who speaks his mind forcefully.  But I always want to get my facts
straight before I start talking.  I will not start another cyber war.  But
alot of poisinous vernom have been poured out on this net within the last
two weeks.  It has been followed by more deadly private mails which is not
good for the African Community here in Madison.  We need an antidote to
prevent that poison from spreading and destroying our community altogether.
Greetings Katim. BUT NEVER DISCONNECT YOURSELF AGAIN SO THAT YOU FOLLOW WHAT
IS GOING ON IN THIS VILLAGE.  Katim, that is an order!!!

Ademola Iyi-Eweka.

t 09:13 PM 2/21/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>First, I'm really sorry to have been absent from the list for a while now.
It's
>one of those things that happens that I fell off the band wagon, so to speak.
>For some odd reason, I had my subscription to AAM cancelled, and I haven't been
>getting copies of recent postings.
>
>However, I've visited the AAM archives at
>http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/aam.html and followed, as much as I
could,
>the recent arguments that have been going on the list. It is with great
>dissappointment and sadness that I read postings from people who I hold in deep
>respect.  I hope we will let this come to pass, and realize that we owe it to
>ourselves, our children, and our community to work toward agreeing to disagree
>without being disagreable. Having said that, I'd like to turn my attention to a
>few questions raised by Dr. Ademola Iyi-Eweka in his posting earlier today.
>
>Dr. Iyi-Eweka asked:
>

>> 1) who is the owner of this AAM internet service?
>> 2) If it is owned by the African Association, who appoints the postmaster of
>> the net and what is the duration of the term in office?
>> 3) If it is owned by the African Association, who pays the bill or the
>> service free?

>came to be.  It was by accident that while I was talking to Peter Munoz, an
Aide
>to the Mayor of Madison that he told me that he ran a mailing list for
>Communities United (CU).  The CU mailing list was hosted by St. Johns
University