AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:42:47 -0500
From: [log in to unmask] 09/20/01 02:14PM >>>
Hello:
I'm writing to invite you to participate in a live television broadcast
tomorrow
evening, Friday Sept. 21.
Specifically, Wisconsin Public Television is producing a statewide
"town hall meeting" style program. This is a special edition of our
public affairs show WeekEnd. Citizens are invited to join us in the
studio for a discussion regarding our changed world following last week's
tragedy. It seems so many people want to "get smarter" about the
politics of the middle east, potential U.S. responses and what we, here
in Wisconsin, can do. Those will be the topics of this conversation.
We will be joined by a number of experts which we hope will include
a member of our U.S. Congressional or Senate delegation, an expert
on mid-east politics and possibly an expert on world religions and history.
They will take audience questions and we hope the following dialogue will
help us all come away better informed about our world and our personal
and national opportunities and responsibilities. But more than just hearing
from the experts...we want to hear from Wisconsin citizens their thoughts,
ideas and opinions.
If you would like to join us in the studio, please call or e-mail me as
soon as possible. Our audience list must be finalized by first thing Friday
morning. If you could call Kathy Bissen, her direct phone is 263-8496.
You are welcome to bring someone with you.
She will need to know in advance, each person's name, address, phone
number, gender, age and occupation.
Studio space is limited so this is on a first come basis. The show is live
Friday night from 7-8 p.m. on Wisconsin Public Television. Audience
members should be here (821 University Avenue - Vilas Hall) by a little
after 6 p.m.
I hope some of you can join us.
Maria Alvarez Stroud