AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:52:00 -0600
An invitation to join the
Monona Terrace Volunteer Docent Program

Do you enjoy Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture?  Would you like to learn more about the building that realized his "dream civic center" vision?  Would you be interested in sharing its remarkable story with others?  Consider joining us as a volunteer docent at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center!

As a docent, you'll share information about the building's unique design and construction, its role in Madison history and city planning, and its use today as a conference and community center.  Besides giving tours of the building, you can assist in educational programs and participate in a Speakers' Bureau that gives presentations to community organizations offsite.

You'll have the opportunity to enrich your knowledge through training sessions, volunteer excursions, and exclusive special events.  And your role will bring you in contact with architecture and Wright enthusiasts from around the world.

Individuals are asked to provide 2 tours per month upon completion of 20 hours of training.  Training will occur on 6 Saturday mornings beginning in February, and will include presentations by persons intimately involved with the development and operation of the structure.  Training will also offer instruction on giving an effective tour to a variety of audiences.

If you are interested, please contact me at (608) 261-4015 to set up an informal interview so that we can discuss the docent program further.  I look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

Heather Sabin
Tourism Coordinator