AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Kumapayi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:21:19 -0600
 ----------

For more information on the following SET Program, please contact Dan Okpala
at 608-246-7953 (8 am - 4 PM):
                                          ---------------------

Application packets for the 1998 Student Engineer Trainee Program (SET) are
now available.  The Bureau of Human Resource Services have sent SET
application
packets to the following UW campuses:  Eau Claire, Green Bay, Madison,
Milwaukee, Platteville, Superior and Whitewater as well as Marquette
University
Milwaukee School of Engineering, Michigan Tech University, Mid-State Tech
College, Wisconsin Rapids and Northeast Wisconsin Tech College in Green Bay.
BHRS has requested that we make available this year's application packet to
previously employed and acceptable SET's and to anyone who requests the
materials.  We are to make every affirmative action outreach effort possible
to recruit qualified women and minorities for our employing unit.  They
suggest
you use local community action groups, present employes, community members
and any other sources that can assist in attracting interested and qualified
candidates.

Although some staff have already approached me for applications on this
program
I would appreciate it if you could discuss this at your next staff meeting.
If
your bureau/office plans on hiring a LTE CE within the next couple of
months,
you may want to utilize this program.  Although the funding for these SET
positions come out of your bureau/office's budget, SET employe's hourly
rates
are fixed depending on their year in school and are lower than what a
regular
LTE receives. The deadline date for receipt of application packets is
February 27, 1998.  SET application packets can be obtain from either Patty
Peterson in OAS or from Patti Devine in the Bureau of Human Resource
Services.