AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 15:45:29 -0500
Hello Ann Marie
           IT'S NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALBEIT
THROUGH A VERY PUBLIC FORUM.
           SORRY ABOUT YOUR SISTER'S SUITCASES. THOUGH YORUBAS HAVE A SAYING
"PELE KE MU EGBO JINA" i,e "SORRY
DOESN'T CURE PHYSICAL WOUND".
            I PERSONALLY PRAY AND HOPE THAT
GHANA AIRLINE DOES NOT GO OUT OF BUSINESS.THE LIGUIDATION OF AIR AFRIQUE,
COUPLED WITH THE FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY
BY SABENA AND SWISSAIR IS ALREADY CREATING SERIOUS PROBLEMS FOR PEOPLE
WANTING TO DO BUSINESS IN WEST AFRICA
AND FOR AFRICANS THAT HAVE INTEREST IN
STARTING BUSINESS ABROAD. THIS PROBLEM
WILL BE MAGNIFIED AS U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES GRANT MORE TRADE COCESSIONS TO
AFRICA.
              SOMEBODY STOLE YOUR SISTERS SUITCASE ,SOMEBODY IN THE
ESTABLISHMENT WAS NEGLIGENT OR CORRUPT AND I HOPE SHE  WAS ADEQUATELY
COMPENSATED.
                   THE PRESENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
OF GHANA AIRLINE SEEMS TO BE DOING THE
RIGHT THING BY CUTING OPERATIONS' COST
AND REDUCING MONTHLY NET LOSS BY 71%
LET'S HOPE ( FOR THE SAKE OF CONTINUE
DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA) THEY GET THE NEEDED HELP FROM THE GOVERNMENT OR
OTHER SOURCES IN AFRICA OR A PRICELINE.COM. NIGERIAN AIRWAYS IS BEING
HELPED BY SOUTH AFRICA.
                 GREETINGS TO J.D.