AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Garwo, Sam W" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garwo, Sam W
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:47:31 -0500
Today, July 26th, marks Liberia's 153rd Independence Day!
as some of you made know, Liberia is Africa's oldest independent republic,
declaring independence on July 26, 1847. It is a day all African people can
be proud of, the
independence of one African country is a step forward for all of our African
brothers and sisters...it offers the promise of a completely independent
African Nation.

Don't Forget this Saturday is the annual L.A.W. independence Day
Celebration picnic and dance.  We plan to have plenty of food, fun and
festivities.  The picnic starts at 10 am - 6 pm and the dance starts and
7 pm - 1 am.  Lasisi will DJ for the evenings dance and we will have various
African dishes to choose from. DON'T MISS IT!

Sam Garwo
President, LAW