AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ademola iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 21:17:32 -0500
Ladies and gentlemen:

It is with pain that I announce the untimely death of one of
ours, Dr. Uche Simon. Those who have been around long enough
may still remember the president of the African Student Union,
& President of African Christian Association of Madison in the
mid-80's. He was also the last President of the morribund Nigerian Students
 Union at U.W-Madison, in 1989/90.  UNIMA came  into being in 1994.

Dr. Simon was born on January 11, 1945 and passed
away on June 28, 2000. He was around last year with his wife
and four children to receive treatment for diabetes. He was back
home with the wife to renew his visa and could not return
immediately for some reasons. He was to be back on Thursday,
June 29, at the American Embassy in Lagos, to receive the final
approval of his travel visa, but the day before this would
happen he passed to glory.

His four children are still in Grafton,Wisconsin. Let us support them
 in our prayers and goodwill as they face this extremely terrifying experience
 in their lives.   I am appealing for donation to help support these
children and
even send one of them back to Nigeria for the funeral of Uche Simon.

Donations should be sent to:
 Uche Simons Fund,
c/o Dr. Ademola Iyi-Eweka
7036 Tree lane
Madison-WI. 53717

Donations will be delivered and acknowledged.

May God bless us all.

Ademola Iyi-Eweka
President  AAM Inc/UNIMA
Tel:608-833-8248