AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mathew jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:07:30 -0700
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Hi Kel,
I would change that to refer instead only to this
administration and not to the U.S.as a country. We
have a proverb in Fulani which says; "A monkey knows
fully well where to sit its bare ass". You mentioned
North Korea, and I can tell you despite all the noice
comming from this administration, that country is a
no-go for the administration. The risks and the stakes
are too high and moreover,that is a country that has
real hostility towards the U.S. and are all too
willing and ready to give America a black eye and any
response from America can incite dangerous military
confrontation that will destabilize the world for
decades to come.
We know that Iraq as a enemy of the U.S. was a mere
farbication by this administration and they have
harped on it so much that the American public now
believe it.
Bad as Saddam is, attacking America with weapons of
mass destruction was the very, very, last thing on his
mind. It would never have happened in a million years,
yet now the ignorance of the American public has been
exploited to make a case for war.
So do not expect anything against North Korea like
what happened Iraq, particularly if China does not
want it to happen. We know for a that N. Korea's
dangerous weapons are making their way to Africa and
other developing countries.
What the administration is doing to Ghana is a form of
bullying and intimidation and no administration has
ever used its power to threaten other countries so
blatantly as this one.
It does not surprise me because this administration
cannot take no for an answer. They call the democrats
unpatriotic and the more radical democrats have been
labelled as "haters of America" even though many have
fought in foreign wars for this country. The extreme
right-wing elements are terrorising ordinary Americans
who are exercising their constitutional rights to
dissent and they are willing to employ the very same
intimidation methods that Al Quida is using even if
means taking human life. This form of extremism is
responsible for all the terrorism we had around the
world since the early sixties.