AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:25:42 -0600
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Is it just me, or has the world gone mad? No, members of an army are not
"also citizens" when they are acting in the national interest in that
country's armed forces! I read an e-mail today from an Israeli. He was
responding to a post from someone who was condemning Israel. He said
that in addition to the suicide bombings, Palestinians use citizens and
children to shield themselves from Israeli attacks because they know
that Israel won't kill them (the Palestinians see that as weakness on
Israel's part, by the way). When Israel detects the shield, then they
attempt to divert the weapons so they don't kill the innocent. Arafat
and his people have said they want to destroy Israel. They do not want
to live peaceably next to them. When your neighbor wants to kill you,
what exactly should you do?