AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ademola iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:04:30 -0500
Thanks Aggo for this note.  Please volunteer now.
Greetings everybody.

Ademola Iyi Eweka
President AAM INC
Telephone:608-833-8248

At 07:51 AM 7/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>We have to submit the list of volunteers to WPT by the end of Monday, July
24.  Please call or email soon. For after the program, we,  the volunteer
organizers will not appreciate complaints that the TV studio was packed with
our friends and family members. Please call and volunteer.

>/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
>
>This is a clarion to all Africans and friends of Africa in Madison to step
forward to help a worthy cause and help publicize the African Association of
Madison, Inc., (AAM) the African Women's Association (AWA) and AFRICA FEST
2000. We are working to mobilize volunteers from within AAM, AWA, and
friends of Africa community in Madison to participate in the upcoming August
2000 Pledge Drive of Wisconsin Public Television as pledge recorders. Such
an activity will greatly support our organizations' to advance its community
activity efforts, and at the same time serve as a forum of free publicity
and AFRICA FEST 2000.

>Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) is the partnership between the
Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension
making WPT one of the top 20 television organizations in the country. Six
stations across the state and its affiliate stations offer outstanding
programs for everyone from preschoolers to seniors.

>Over 2,000 volunteers contribute their time to Wisconsin Public Television
special events each year! This year AAM and AWA volunteers will join in the
fun and serve to staff the phone banks on Saturday August 12th from 3:30 to
7:30 p.m. We need at least 15 people and it will be on first-come
first-serve basis. So get involved soon.

>A representative of our group will be interviewed on-air to talk about our
goals, objectives and why we are supporting Wisconsin Public Television.
Training is included and if there is enough staff our group will get a
behind the scenes tour of the TV station. Snacks and drinks provided.

>If you will like to support AAM, help publicize AFRICA FEST 2000, support
the community and above all be on TV, please call or email before Friday,
July 21: