AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 08:19:53 -0500
From:  Mayor Susan Bauman 05/03/01 05:25PM

Please join me this Saturday, May 5 from 11 a.m and 7 p.m. at Celebrate
Madison!    The purpose of event  is to bring together Madison's diverse
communities, including Italian, Hispanic, Latino, Native American,
German, Asian American, African American, and many others, at one event
to learn and experience each other's cultures and traditions.

This year's event will be held on the 100 and 200 blocks of Martin
Luther King Jr. Blvd. including Olin Terrace.  The event will showcase
two outdoor stages featuring twenty two performances, many fun hands-on
workshops, many food vendors offering food from around the world, and
much, much more.  For more information and program details, please see
the back page of this week's Madison Times.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday for this terrific opportunity
to celebrate the best Madison has to offer: its people.