AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:47:29 -0500

               VISIT AFRICAN ASSOCIATION OF MADISON WEBSITE

                        http://www.africanassociation.org

                FOR LATEST INFORMATION ON AFRICA FEST 2009,

           MEMBERSHIP, COMMUNITY CALENDAR AND MUCH MORE....

"Anything has to be better than what we do not have."

Not necessarily.

"How many people need to die for you to declare an acceptable benchmark?"

Do you really believe that people don't die as a result of inadequate care under the various national health services? Do you really believe that all anyone has to do is just show up at the doctor's office or hospital and they'll be seen at no cost? Not true.

There are rules and regulations governing the NHS service just as there are rules and regs governing ours. Some people using the NHS have to pay. Everything is not covered. If you've been paying attention, you will have seen that there are more people turning to private health care in those nations with national service.

http://www.cfpc.ca/local/files/communications/health%20policy/private_public_debate19aug05.pdf

From the article: "The Supreme Court of Canada’s ruling in Chaoulli-Zeliotis v. Government of Quebec that Quebec citizens have the right to purchase private insurance to pay for medically necessary health care services when wait times are unreasonably
long. This decision intensified debate on private versus public care and cast a more powerful light on discussions regarding wait times in Canada."

Interesting survey on Canadian health care: http://www.who.int/patientsafety/news/2006_hcic.pdf

"In the days before volcanoes were invented, lava had to be hand carried down from the mountains and poured on the sleeping villagers.
This took a great deal of time."