AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:57:28 -0500
Hope to see some of you there! This sounds like a great time :) Hedi

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT
Michael Hodges, Executive Director
Wendell Bryant Foundation
449 State Street
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: 608-207-5303
Fax: 608-260-8344
Web Address: www.wbfoundation.org
Email: [log in to unmask]

The Wendell Bryant Foundation Hosts
1st Annual Celebrity Basketball Extravaganza

Madison, WI – May 16th, 2003 – The Wendell Bryant Foundation Hosts its 1st Annual Celebrity Basketball Extravaganza.  A Live Jersey Auction Hosted by Wendell Bryant will kickoff the weekend Friday June 13th, 2003, 6:00 at Angelic Brewery.  Father's Day Sunday June 15th, 2003 is the Wendell Bryant Celebrity Basketball Game.  Tip off 2:00, at the Kohl Center, home of the Wisconsin Badgers.

The Live Jersey Auction will feature the authentic autographed jerseys of Brett Farve, Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Michael Finley, Ron Dayne, and many more.  The Celebrity Basketball Game on Father's Day will be a fun-filled family event with players including Al Toon, Ron Dayne, Chris Chambers, Kirk Penney, Mike Kelly, Tony Fisher, and Glenn Robinson to name a few.

Wendell Bryant stated, "Differences were made in my life now I want to make a difference in someone else's.  This community event and my foundation allows me to give something back to the Madison Community that embraced me and made me the man and athlete I am today."

Net Proceeds raised via sponsorships, the Jersey Auction, the Game, and/ or advertisements will be used to maintain the Foundations commitment to mend "hope" in the community through efforts focusing on aiding and elevating the confidence, self-esteem, and dignity of our children, funding Madison community organizations such as The People Program, The African American Ethnic Academy, and the Karen E. Wells Scholarship Program that seek to emphasize and promote the overall growth and development of our children.  Tickets for the event are on sale at your local TicketMaster and the Kohl Center Box Office.

Corporate sponsorship and volunteer opportunities are still available.  For more information please visit The Wendell Bryant Foundation website at www.wbfoundation.org.

The Wendell Bryant Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization devoted to empowering and uplifting youth via access to educational, recreational, health, and socioeconomic based support programs.  Please visit www.wbfoundation.org for more information.