AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PETER W VAKUNTA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:16:12 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Poor EX-President Taya!
When he usurped power in 1984 via a coup d'etat it was sweet. Now it is
sour! That is the law of KARMA:what goes around comes around. You
kill/destroy by the gun, you will be killed/destroyed by the gun. There
is no way around it. To paraphrase one of my admired professors: You
can run but you can't hide.

Sadly enough though, the military junta that has taken over power in
Mauritania lack the intellect and composure to stear to shore the
sinking 'titanic' in the country. Africa is awash with examples to show
that the place of soldiers is the barracks.They are too brutal and too
inane to rule any country, not even MAURITANIA! Think of the ABACHAS,
THE BABANGIDAS, THE RAWLINGS,SAMUELDOES,ETC and it will dawn on you
that what I am saying is not far-fetched. They all failed woefully and
at great expense to the citizenry. It is not going to be any different
in MAURITANIA.

When all is said and done, however, let's not throw the baby out with
the bath water. Let's wait and see how the unfolding scenario in
MAURITANIA is going to end.

PETER VAKUNTA