Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:43:51 -0600
From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>

I was just released from the hospital Friday with a followup
prescription (from my gastroenterologist)  for Prilosec.  I had been
admitted because of vomiting up blood, and was scoped, where they found
a tear between esophagus and stomach.  It is clotted now, and this drug
is supposed to be helpful in healing.  By the time my husband got it
home and I started researching it, Merck was closed.  Stokes Drug
Directory says..."May have gluten".  I paged the doctor, who of course,
was not on duty, but his associate said he would be surprised to hear
gluten was in it because it is synthetic.  However, I am not taking it
until I can talk to Merck on Monday, or enough of you dear listmates can
assure me it is safe.  All I need is another upheaval to get it all
ripped up again!

I am recovering from hand surgery also, so am having to type in a
strange manner, so have abbreviated this tale as much as possible.  If
any of you "certified" celiacs have used Prilosec with no problems,
please tell me.

Thanks,
Anne in Texas