From:
Lori Crook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:59:11 -0700

my son has been sick scinse the age of 3 at that time he would throw up
every night for days at a time.  the Dr.s told us that he was lactose
intolerant . this was of course true but not all of it .  For yrs he was
sick all the time Dr.s could not figure it out we were very frusterated
. Finally a Dr. who had never diagnosed a case in his whole life
remembered these symptoms fom a lesson in med shcool and did an upper gi
to make sure it was not an ulcer and then he did a X-ray he could barely
see the lining of his intestine and told us it looked as though he may
have celiacs he also told us that these were not proper tests to find
out if it was indeed celiacs. he sent us to primary childrens hospital
wich is 5-6 hrs from us and they did a blood test and sent us home a few
weeks later it came back positive they were confused because our son was
a very healthy (chubby ) 9 yr old . They had never seen a case of celiac
were the child was chubby and so active . they are usually very thin.
so we went back and had a endoscopy and the result was definately
positive.  We put him on the diet and now 31/2 yrs later he is lean very
athletic very muscley . and very much becoming a teenage headacheLOL.