From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:10:38 EST

Forgot to add this in my first posting.

Recipe using shortening...definitely chill as recipe requests, then roll out
on floured flat surface (I use counter top.) I keep rolling pin floured,
too...rice or tapioca.

Recipe using butter....Don't chill, or chill very little....I found the
butter started to solidify and it made it harder to roll until the dough
warmed up alittle. The recipe does not call for chilling, but I couldn't get
the flour to be absorbed, so I put the whole mess in plastic wrap and pressed
it together and put in frig for awhile, while I worked with the first recipe
dough. Next time, I'll wrap it and leave it out.

I don't like using plastic wrap or wax paper to roll dough. I also found for
both recipes that the more I put the scraps together (after using cookie
cutters) the better the next rolling. Interesting, since when I used to bake
with wheat flour, the more the dough was worked, the more likely it was to
get crumbly.

Linda