From:
Chris and Takiyah Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:01:39 -0800

I have an upcoming biopsy (lower and upper endoscopy)on the 22nd of this
month.  The GI seemed to be knowledgeable about CD, but when I asked him
if I should continue eating gluten foods, he said not necessary and to
try to remain gluten free.  He said that it takes a while for the villi
to actually heal itself.  I'm wondering if I should still take what's
called the gluten challenge.  I'm not really certain what the exact
details on that is.  However, I haven't been completely gluten free over
the past 4 months, because of the numerous hidden gluten factors.  Yet
this list has been a big help. Thanks!

Also, has anyone had success eating at Captain D's?  I noticed that they
offer broiled dishes now.  I've email to get a gluten free food list,
but no response.

I've emailed Hain's concerning the source of the grain vinegar in their
mayo's.  I've been experiencing some of the gluten related symptoms when
eating this on a sandwich.  I've gotten no response from them concerning
whether or not their mayo's are gluten free.  Anyone have a clue?  Thanks all!

I will summarize (long).