Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:31:15 -0800
From:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Everyone,

I just got this very sad news today. Randy will be missed very much by
anyone who ever tasted his products. He was a very nice man and I am happy
that I was lucky enough to meet and get to know him:

We are sorry to inform you that Armando "Randy" Galterio, 47, owner of G!
Foods bakery, died November 21, 1999 in San Francisco after a prolonged
battle with Lupus.

Randy was diagnosed with Lupus in his mid-20s and knew he would face
continuing medical challenges. Nonetheless he embraced life with great
courage, following his passions for horticulture, dogs, food and wine,
current events, and anything requiring an independent spirit.

A natural entrepreneur and a talented baker, he was proud of his involvement
with the San Francisco Renaissance Entrepreneurship Training Center. His own
businesses included garden maintenance and G! Foods, a mail-order bakery for
people on gluten-free diets. G! Foods has temporarily suspended operations
but hopes to resume or possibly sell the business to someone who would want
to continue it under the same high standards that Randy maintained. For
information, call 415-255-2139.

Randy cared deeply about his customers. He wished them the very best and
wanted them to be thanked for all of their kindnesses. Even during the
toughest stages of his illness, Randy focused on the concerns and feelings of
others.

A native of New York City, Randy moved to San Francisco in the late 1970s and
then to rural El Dorado County, California, where he pursued a quiet country
life. He returned to San Francisco a decade later. Lanky and bearded, he was
well-known to dog owners in San Francisco's Dolores Park, where he exercised
his much-loved dogs Bo and Fred.

Randy is survived by his partner Lewis Gartenberg, dogs Bo and Fred, and the
many people touched by his sincerity, decency and unfailing kindness. A
service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, December 11, at the San Francisco
Zen Center, 300 Page Street at Laguna.

Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac Support Page:
http://www.celiac.com/