From:
Carolyn Gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:37:37 -0500

I wrote about having visual problems --- moving dots and photosensitivity.  Many
folks emailed me, and here's a brief summary of the responses:

That, yes, visual problems are related to CD.

That I should definitely see an eye doctor and have them check for
Graves Disease or possible tear on the retina or diabetes or cataracts
or low blood sugar

Many folks thought my symptoms might be migraine-related (they're not)

Suggested supplements:   cod liver oil, vit. E, B-2, B-12, essential
fatty acids, amino acid taurine

Suggested dietary changes:  more protein and leafy vegies, Zone diet

Medications: Efalex, alka seltzer gold

Much advice on "floaters," which are dark dots (mine are not dark)

Most helpful for my situation:  B vits. and essential fatty acids.

Thanks, everybody.