From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:00:36 -0600
Well said, Lauri! I was happy to see your post.

My arm has grown weary of beating that particular drum, as my posts
concerning metabolism are generally met with silence.

I think it is crucial for many people to understand their metabolism-
especially those on the extreme ends of the spectrum.

Yes, we are all primates, but we have acclimatized to different regions and
indigenous foods.

Very important point. Thanks for your post.

Louise

At 09:55 PM 01/11/2000 EST, you wrote:
>One thing many paleo people are not aware of is that there are different
>metabolic types, which DOES reflect genetics & anthropology (this is why
>knowing your geographical/ethnic anscestry can be very useful). Different
>metabolic types have evolved, and can be generally categorized into three
>types: the "hunter/gatherer" types, which tend to have an acidic venous blood
>ph; the "mixed" type, and the third "plant" type which tends to have alkaline
>venous blood ph. It's the hunter/gatherers who do very well on a high
>fat/high purine diet, which would consist of lots of dark & fatty meats, and
>low carbohydrates: maybe a few roots and leafy greens. On the opposite end is
>the plant type, which does NOT do well with fats or dark meats or other foods
>with a high purine content. This type can still eat paleo-style, but would do
>better with lots of fruits and veggies and light meats, and not a lot of
fat....>