From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:09:03 -0800
I haven't yet found any major red flags in
>clinical studies of canola, but I haven't been looking that long
>yet, so they may be there..

There is at least one flaw that is not yet studied clinically because it is
recent. 40% of canola produced in canada is genetically engineered,  this
year,   and because no labeling is required.
you don't really know what you are eating and nobody knows what will be the
consequences on organisms of eating this kind of manipulated gene pool.
If we are right about the idea of foreign proteins , we should be warry
about these man made  products
on top of that the possibility of" infecting" the gene pool of the brassica
family is big because all those plants crosspollinate each other. So soon
those new genes might  be found everywhere.( at least in the countries crazy
enough to play god.)
jean-claude