Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 01:07:09 -0500
Kenny Brown wrote:

> Todd, thanks for the info.  Anymore like it?  I still
> have questions.
>
> You said this does not apply to anaerobic activities.
> But the competitive nature of cycling requires a great
> deal of anaerobic response. (Chasing down
> breakaways/initiating breakaways...etc.)  Does this
> then still discount my needs for more carbs.
> Anaerobic activity requires lots of carbs.
>
> The study did not state anything about anaerobic
> power/capacity.  These cyclists simple rode at 62-64%
> of VO2 max and then quit?
Read 'The Ketogenic Diet, a complete guide for dieter and practitioner'
by Lyle McDonald. The entire book is basically about different types of
exercise while on one or another version of a low carb diet. Well
referenced too. It is probably your best starting point for this
info (though I don't agree with everything he wrote). It's available
on Amazon, btw.

Ilya