NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:14:24 -0400
I've used DairyCare for the past year, and it has been the best
over-the-counter lactose pill I've encountered. As an acidophilus source,
it's great for the digestive and urinary systems. And as a safeguard
against any "hidden" sources of dairy--which tend to crop up in food that I
DON'T prepare--it minimizes my symptoms to the point where they're barely
noticeable. However, when I don't take it (I just recently arrived back
from London, and most of my DairyCare capsules exploded from the pressure
of the flight. Bizarre! I was without enough pills to see me through the
entire visit.), I've been subjected to chills, extreme stomach pain,
vomiting, and all that other great stuff. I won't say it's a cure, but it
works for me.

>There are two possible stories behind the all-day pills.
>
>One is an acidophilus pill call DairyCare, which its creator =
>
>claims will work against lactose all day long, after an =
>
>initial two-week break-in period. I've had mostly good =
>
>feedback on it. Check my web site at;
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper/dcare.htm

Heidi Schwartz, Editor/Co-Publisher
Today's Facility Manager Magazine