C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:09:07 EDT
Hi folks,

I have a question I hope someone can answer.  I have developed a terribly
painful problem when I sit.  I know it's from pressure on the coccyx
(tailbone), and I wonder if anyone else who sits most of the time experiences
this.  There are times when moving a fraction of an inch is agonizing!  This
is starting to be a serious problem since I subscribe to the philosophy "no
pain, no pain."  I use a wheelchair, but not all the time, and I'm thinking
of getting one of those cushions for my chair that has a U shape cut out from
the back to relieve the pressure.  Does this sound familiar to anyone, by
chance?  If so, can you offer any sound suggestions besides the cushion, or
can you say that that type of cushion makes a difference?  I would like to
keep this from getting worse, if possible.

By the way, I don't have CP, I have other initials (PN).  I'm on the list to
help administrate.  I'm just thinking that this would be a common problem
with folks who sit a lot.

Thanks much,
Betty